1 Litre Compact Deep Fat Fryers
There are plenty of effective heavy-duty, high-capacity deep fat fryers out there, but often we may not be looking for something that could feed a family in one swoop. For the lovers of deep fried food who perhaps live alone, or are simply only looking to cook for one or two people, these affordable and efficient fryers with 1L oil capacities are here to meet your frying needs.
Whether you want such a fryer due to lack of space, money or necessity, we’ve done our best to compile our top three compact deep fat fryers to help you pick the perfect option. Keep reading to see exactly which products we chose and why – happy frying!
What should I look for in a compact deep fat fryer?
To avoid you having to independently-research exactly what you should be looking for in a compact deep fat fryer, we’ve compiled a list of the most vital features that you ought to keep in mind when choosing a compact fryer that will meet your needs. Take a look below to find out what they are:
- Compact dimensions: Obviously, this is perhaps the most important aspect you should be considering. You should be seeking a fryer that doesn’t waste precious space, with a size that fits easily onto your kitchen countertop. After all, that’s the whole point of looking for a small fryer in the first place.
- Speedy and efficient cooking times: just because you’re thinking ‘small’ doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice power and efficiency. The ideal compact deep fryer will be efficient enough to cook food with a similar speed and effectiveness as even a larger, heavy-duty fryer could manage.
- Is it easy to clean? Washing up is one of the trickier facets of owning a deep fat fryer. Many models are fiddly and difficult to clean, which can deter some people from using them too often. However, many fryers are also easy to disassemble, making the entire cleaning process far easier. Look out to ensure that the model you pick has in-built features to help make washing-up simpler.
- Safety – as with any kitchen appliance, we need to ensure that it’s safe to use. Hot oil, needless to say, can be dangerous; the fryers we have chosen all meet a certain safety standard that will ensure you don’t get burned.
- Price – one of the perks of going for a smaller fryer is that the price is usually a lot cheaper than larger models. Whether you’re choosing a more compact model because of the reduced cost, or whether that’s simply a nice added benefit, the lower price tags on these products should all bring a smile to your face.
Now we know the general features to be looking out for, read on to see our top three picks for compact 1L deep fryers!
The Best Buy
This is the most expensive model on our list, though coming from a leading brand such as Tefal this is to be expected. Despite costing you a little more, the Tefal FR333040 has topped our list due to it’s efficiency and impressive array of features, as well as it’s rather high food capacity.
- Described as a ‘semi-professional’ fryer, the Tefal lives up to this title with it’s effective cooking settings and sturdy design.
- 1.2kg food capacity, so you can comfortably cook for multiple people.
- 2100W, offering powerful cooking temperatures.
- Easy to dismantle.
- Cool-zone technology ensures that no food crumbs that fall beneath the heating element get burned, eliminating bad smells and ensuring that the fryer is simple to clean.
- Adding to this cleaning simplicity is the fact that the product dismantles within around twenty seconds, making washing up a fairly easy task.
- Adjustable thermostat for temperature regulation on-the-fly.
- Elegant and attractive stainless steel design.
- The largest food capacity out of any of the fryers listed here at 1.2kg, meaning if you’re looking to cook multiple portions whilst still maintaining the small size of these compact fryers, the Tefal is a great choice.
- Pricier than the other options on this list.
- Fairly short power cable, so you may need to be mindful of where you store the product or use an extension lead.
- No auto-shutoff feature to make sure that the oil doesn’t fry over, so keeping an eye on the food is a must!
By far the most elegant-looking and sturdily-designed of the fryers on this list, the Tefal FR333040 is a brilliant pick for anyone with a bit more money to invest in a compact deep fat fryer. If you’re still making up your mind, however, read on to see our other picks.CHECK THE PRICE HERE
A slightly smaller fryer than the Tefal, the Progress EK2969P is also cheaper, lighter and more compact than the model we just looked at. Those for whom the Tefal was too big or more expensive should definitely consider the Progress as a strong contender – take a look below to see exactly what you can expect!
- Possesses a handy filter that lowers the presence of lingering odours.
- Heats up in only 15 minutes due to it’s efficient 950W heating element.
- Well-made, with a white plastic body and decently-sized viewing window to keep an eye on your food as it cooks.
- Possesses a non-stick cooking bowl along with a removable frying basket (with detachable handle).
- Only measures 21. 3 x 19. 2 x 20 cm, making this punchy little machine perfect for those who want to fry up some delicious morsels in cramped spaces such as caravans, holiday homes and small households.
- Heat-ready light that will inform you when your oil is hot enough to begin cooking.
- Adjustable temperature up to 190°C.
- Very affordable for the features it boasts.
- You won’t have to suffer bad cooking smells due to the effective built-in odor filter.
- Incredibly easy to clean – simply remove the cooking bowl after use, wash and store.
- No oil filter, so if used regularly you may need to also change the oil quite often.
- Made of plastic, so less robust than the Tefal.\
Considering how cheap this option is, there’s very little to criticise. The Progress may not pack as much food into its cooking basket as our top pick, but it certainly impresses in it’s other features, whether it’s ease-of-cleaning, temperature regulation and efficiency or simply compactness. If you’re still unsure, however, check out our third pick below!CHECK THE PRICE HERE
The Best on a Budget
Orbit Cool Body Compact
Here is a neat little fryer that not only beats the rest in terms of price, but also manages to impress as a compact fryer in practically every other department. Sure, don’t necessarily expect professional standards from such a small and affordable machine – if you’re only seeking a fryer for the casual user, however, the Orbit should meet most of your needs.
- Low heating time due to its small oil capacity.
- Inbuilt anti-odor filter – no nasty cooking smells!
- Capacity easily fits a sizeable portion of most foods.
- Efficient heating element that can easily create perfectly-fried portions of food (provided the portions aren’t too large).
- Price. Considering this is our pick for ‘Best on a Budget’ there are no surprises here. The Orbit is the cheapest option on our list, but doesn’t sacrifice quality in the name of cost.
- Built-in lip on the lid to help ensure you don’t get burned whilst opening is – which sounds simple, but isn’t always the norm!
- One-year warranty.
- Handle of the cooking basket heats up rather a lot whilst cooking, meaning that removing it can become difficult and unsafe if done improperly.
- Not large enough to accommodate every type of food (corndogs on sticks, for example, according to one Amazon review).
Don’t expect the world from the Orbit fryer – as a product, it’s aiming to be cost-efficient, and this means that it naturally may not be quite as slick as it’s more expensive rivals. However, if you only tend to deep-fry on occasion, this is a wonderful option that won’t break the bank. Whichever product you end up choosing, I hope that our list has at least helped you narrow down your options.CHECK THE PRICE HERE