Philips HD9240/90 Avance Collection Airfryer Review
Air frying is one of the latest ways to make food and many people are appreciating its healthy benefits – specifically, its ability to cook with a minimal amount of oil. There are many companies making such products, but few stand-out as much as the Phillips Airfryer.
The Philips HD9240/90 (VIEW PRICE HERE!) is reasonably priced and has a lot of noteworthy features. That being said, how well does it actually work? Let’s find out.
Straight away, it’s clear that this piece of equipment has a lot to offer. Phillips has spent a lot of time and effort understanding the needs of a typical home kitchen. This is reflected in its many unique features, so lets take a look.
- With the ability to hold 3 litres of oil, you can make some fantastic food. While you can always make lightly fried food, you also have the capacity for more oil-heavy recipes.
- Similarly, this device can handle 1.2 kg of food in one go. When you have a few people to feed, such as a family, this can certainly prove useful.
- This device has a digital touch screen rather than traditional controls. In addition to displaying handy information, such as the cooking temperature, the simple controls make the entire product easier to use.
- Of course, this is still an air fryer, which means the technology is designed to operate with little oil, if you want something light.
- Because of the air fryer’s “Rapid Air” system, this device doesn’t generate much in the way of small when cooking via air.
- All of the compartments, such as the food drawer and basket, are removable. Of course, this helps when serving and cooking, but its primary feature is to let them be washed. These are the parts that make contact with food, so being able to put them in the dishwasher is a big advantage!
- As far as weight goes, this weights 7 kg unloaded, so it’s not too difficult to pick up or move.
- In terms of size, this has a rough frame of 42.3 x 31.5 x 30.2 cm. Despite its large capacity, it still fits easily into any kitchen environment.
- If all of that wasn’t enough, this device also comes with a handy recipe book. If you don’t have your own ideas, this certainly has a few good ideas to get you started.
As you can see, this device packs quite a punch, even though it still fits into a small, compact design. This certainly makes it useful in even the most crowded of kitchens. So, does it live up to the specifications?
Using The Fryer
Straight away, the simplicity of this device speaks for itself. The digital controls are the only controls you have and, thankfully, the only controls you need. This creates a central focus point which is great when cooking – you never have to find the right dial or switch to get what you want.
As far as the practical features go, the design work for this fryer is certainly worthwhile. The handles are very ergonomic and it’s very easy to get food both in and out of the fryer. This is important when you do cook with oil, since it helps avoid any burns or damage.
Speaking of the handle, this also allows you to remove the basket and place it in the dishwasher. This way, the product doesn’t generate any extra effort as far as washing up goes.
As far as cooking goes, however, this is an air fryer, so how does the air system work? In short, it’s great. This device can cook fantastic food on a tiny amount of oil, yet the results are still amazing. It also doesn’t generate much of a smell, either, so you don’t get yourself too hungry while you wait.
Similarly, this device has a 3 litre capacity for oil so, if you do want to use oil like normal, this product doubles up as a conventional fryer.
What’s not to love? This device acts as both an oil and air fryer. In addition to its numerous other features, it’s hard to ignore the sheer versatility that is on offer. This is a welcome addition in any kitchen and can help create a wide range of light, healthy