Philips Avance Airfryer vs Tefal ActiFry
There are hundreds of healthy fryers available on the market today and it’s hard to pick one that not only suits your needs but also offers value for money. Do you pick a Kenwood fryer because you know that you’re going to get one that is going to last but may cost you an arm and a leg? Or do you settle for the cheapest option possible and then 2 months down the line regret it because it no longer works? There are many questions to ask yourself and many features to observe before picking the right fryer, however, we have narrowed the list down to two of the most reputable and popular choices and they are the Philips HD9240/90 Avance Collection Airfryer and the Tefal Actifry Low Fat Electric Fryer.
Below we will compare the fryers features, their price, and we’ll conclude with one we think is the best on the market.
Tefal Actifry Low Fat Review
- Bigger capacity – This fryer is able to cook up to 1.5kg of chips which is more than enough to feed 6 people.
- Healthier eating – Most standard fryers are filled to the brim with cooking oil, this fryer only needs a spoonful of oil which will only contain 3% fat, so people can still enjoy great chips without having to worry about their figure or lifestyle.
- Great tasting food – Most fryers that choose to minimise oil consumption usually diminish the taste of chips, but this one promises to keep the chips tasting great.
- Paddle rotating system – This electric fryer has a paddle rotating system implemented so the chips get rotated and turned at the same time so the chips are cooked evenly throughout the cooking process. The whole cooking process is automated so there is no need for any manual handling of the food.
- LCD Screen – This great looking fryer has also been modernised with a great LCD screen that shows a timer and automatically stops when the chips are crispy golden and ready to consume.
- Variety of food – This fryer doesn’t only serve chips at their finest, but many other foods can be cooked thanks to this fryers patented hot air system.
- Steam free window lid – This modern fryer also features a clear steam free window so you can check on your food throughout the whole cooking process – simply pressing a button will open the lid.
These are just some of the many features this great fryer provides and if you enjoy eating chips but you are a little conscious about your figure or healthy eating lifestyle, this fryer will still give you that healthy lifestyle.
Features: Steam free window – Paddle turner – Only 3% fat
Pricing: High End
Philips HD9240/90 Avance Collection Review
The Philips HD9240/90 Avance Collection Fryer is a lot different than any standard conventional fryer in the sense it uses no oil, and instead uses its implemented hot air technology to cook food until golden and crispy. Here are a few reasons and features that might make you add this air fryer to your kitchen unit:
- Rapid air technology – This fryer uses hot air technology and will allow its users to fry, grill, bake, and even roast their favourite meals.
- Healthier eating – With thanks to its technology, no oil needs to be added to the appliance which gives its consumers a much healthier lifestyle when compared with other deep fat fryers.
- Digital touchscreen – A touchscreen at the top of this fryer will allow you to adjust the time and temperature to ensure your food is cooked to perfection.
- Easy to clean – The components used to cook food within this fryer are easily detachable and can be placed straight in the dishwasher after each use.
- Excess fat collection – This product was designed to reduce the fat in any foods you cook and is done by a unique excess fat collecting tray.
This Philips HD940/90 Avance Collection Fryer uses rapid air technology which means it will fry your chips in the heat instead of oil, making this fryer a lot healthier and user friendly. There isn’t much this fryer can’t cook either so you’ll also be able to fry, bake, grill and even roast food to suit your needs, which is why this fryer is one of the most popular and best around in today’s market.
Features: Rapid air technology – Fat collection – Easy to clean
Pricing: High End
With regards to both fryers features, it’s very easy to see why they are the most popular fryers out there. They were both designed with the healthy eaters in mind and both do the same job, but the Tefal Actifry gets our vote as top spot purely because it has a better design, is more compact and overall is a better product and offers a little bit more than the Philips Airfryer.
- Eat healthy: Tefal's leading air fryer cooks all your favourite fried foods with 99 Percent less fat added*
- Go hands-free: The clever combination of hot air and automatic stirring paddle keeps everything moving (so, you don't have to) for betterment, even cooking
- Cook smarter: Whether you're in the mood for crunchy nuggets, crispy chips or delicious dessert, its nine programs adjust the temperature and stirring speed for you, so you always get tastier results
- Save time: Two 1-meal-in-1-go programs let you add all your ingredients at once and make a full meal in one step; plus, this fryer cooks 30 Percent faster**
- Mix it up: With 300+ recipes on the free My ActiFry app, plus access to a hand-picked selection of seasonal recipes and lifestyle tips via the ActiProgramme, you'll never run out of meal ideas