Best Deep Fat Fryer With Removable Filters
Deep fat fryers aren’t the cheapest of kitchen appliances – they’re often complicated and heavy, meaning they may well cost you a couple of hundred pounds for a decent model. But once you’ve bought your machine, there are additional costs to consider: namely, oil. The oil used in deep fat fryers, after multiple uses, becomes smelly and cloudy – full of food residue and other nasty content.
When this happens, it’s time to replace that oil with a clean batch. Thing is, oil is expensive, and if you’re using your deep fat fryer regularly the cost of it adds up over time. Many deep fat fryers, however, come equipped with removable oil filters that greatly extend the lifespan of any single batch of oil. Not only are these filters easy to use and clean, they’re also remarkably effective at keeping oil clean for longer.
Why should I look for a deep fat fryer with a removable filter?
As mentioned above, not only will such a filter save you money in the long-run, but it will also reduce your chances of getting sick from unclean oil and make the washing and oil-disposal process much simpler and cleaner. Chances are you don’t particularly want to scrub charred food residue from the bottom of the oil pan when you clean – with a filter, you don’t have to.
What else should I look for in a fryer with a removable filter?
Aside from the filter, it’s always important to try and keep the usual factors in mind when searching for the best deep fat fryer for you. Many facets contribute to the overall deep frying experience; take a look below to see the most important ones:
- What is the capacity? The importance 0f this question will, of course, be determined by how many people you will be cooking for with your new appliance. For large numbers, a larger capacity is key (for both oil and food – which is an important distinction to make). If you’re seeking a fryer for personal use, however, you don’t need to worry about this as much.
- Does it have a temperature thermostat? Such features usually work via either an indicator light that illuminates once the oil has reached the right temperature for use, or instead a light that will go out once the temperature has been reached. These are important for both safety and convenience; you can avoid nasty burns and ensure that you aren’t waiting around for longer than necessary to use your fryer.
- What material is it made of? This isn’t merely a visual consideration – metallic fryers are much more likely to get very hot to the touch whilst turned on. Plastic fryers, on the other hand, usually stay relatively cool, so you’ll be safe.
- Is it easy to dismantle? Sure, we can assume that the filter will be simple to remove, but what about the rest of your fryer? It’s safe to say that washing up isn’t most people’s favorite activity, but it can be made much easier with a deep fat fryer that is quick to disassemble and put back together again.
Many fryers nowadays come with other unique features, such as safety technology or cooking presets. Most also come with large viewing windows that make it very simple to stay aware of how your food is cooking without needing to open the lid, lose heat from the inside and risk a burn. However, the facets highlighted above are the most important to consider when looking for the best deep fat fryers with removable filters. Read on to see our top picks!
The Best Buy
Venga! VG FT 3012
At the top of our list is this sturdy and elegant machine from Venga! You’ll find it to be a very efficient and simple machine to use, with a respectable oil capacity and an affordable price point.
- Boasts a simple and effective oil filtration function allowing for reuse of the oil. Includes an oil collection compartment and a removable pan.
- 3L capacity, making it a decent size for a domestic kitchen that can cook multiple portions of food at once.
- 3000W heating element for high-temperature cooking.
- Oil storage container easily catches filtered oil to store – no need to pour it out any longer.
- Cleaning out and changing oil is no longer a frequent necessity, and due to the user-friendly features it is much easier to do when the time comes.
- Also comes equipped with an odor filter to successfully eradicate undesirable cooking aromas.
- Elegant design, with a sturdy set of legs to keep it stable on most surfaces.
- Cooking basket is not the largest, especially considering the fryer’s size.
- No on/off switch, meaning it must be controlled from the mains.
As a great all-rounder with some brilliantly-effective filtration technology, the Venga! VG FT 3012 tops our list of the best deep fat fryers with removable filters. If you want to see our other picks, just keep reading!Check Today's Price
Russell Hobbs 24580
With a similar capacity to the aforementioned Venga! fryer, this sleek offering from Russell Hobbs brings enough to the table alongside its filtration technology to land it a spot on our top three list too. Take a look at exactly what you can expect from it below:
- Large oil capacity at 3L, alongside a basket that can hold up to 1.2kg of food comfortably.
- Boasts a digital timer and a nifty temperature control system for precise cooking.
- Possesses a large window to observe your food whilst it fries without needing to open the lid and risk a burn or splashing oil.
- Comes with two removable filters.
- Very easy to control your cooking experience via the timer and the temperature control mechanism and end up with food made exactly how you like it.
- Removable filters are very easy to clean.
- The window is effective, and doesn’t steam up – meaning that you only need to open the lid at the end of the cooking process.
- Ideally needs placing under an extractor fan as it produces a large amount of steam with certain ingredients.
- The handles can be tricky to navigate, and occasionally unsafe if used incorrectly.
- Condensation from the lid can sometimes splash back into the oil, which can be dangerous.
- Basket doesn’t always sit fully in the oil, meaning that you might have trouble cooking for larger numbers of people.
Whilst not as excellent across the board as the Venga!, the Russell Hobbs 24580 still impresses in most categories – enough for us to pick it as a great runner-up for our top three list. Keen to know which fryer edged the third spot? Read on…Check Today's Price
The Best on a Budget
Tefal Filtra One
Perhaps you’re looking for a fryer with a removable filter because you’re strapped for cash – understandable, considering money-saving is one of the main perks of buying such a fryer. If you’re looking for the best of such a kind of fryer for the lowest price, you may want to consider the Tefal Filtra One.
- Efficient ‘Filtra One’ filtration system.
- The first coolwall fryer to come equipped with a filtration mesh.
- 1.2kg food capacity.
- Removable components such as the lid and food basket are dishwasher safe, meaning that not only is cleaning the oil very easy, so is replacing it (on the rarer occasions when it’s necessary).
- Versatile cooking settings: five different presets available (vegetables, scampi/onion rings, chicken, fish and chips).
- Very safe to touch due to the coolwall mechanism.
- Lid opens automatically, but you can check your food to ensure it’s cooking properly with the handy viewing window.
- Very affordable for its size and the features it comes with.
- Not enough capacity to cook for more than two people comfortably.
- Viewing window can steam up on occasion, rendering it useless.
- No removable oil bowl, making this component rather tricky to clean.
Whilst the Tefal Filtra One is less practical than others on this list, it’s still a very impressive product for the price. Hopefully you found our list informative and useful, and it has given you a better idea of which filter-equipped deep fat fryer is right for your needs. Happy shopping!Check Today's Price